Bosch ST-VS/ETW department 編輯
Forming of ST-VS/ETW 編輯
The ST-VS/ETW department was officially established on September 3, 2007. However, The ST-VS division of Bosch began to recruit for the ETW department in Taipei since May 2007. The employees aboard in July and August 2007 were:
Keith Chen (System Architect), Senlin Chen (Hardware Engineer), Alvin Pan (Software Engineer), Clack Lien (Mechanical Engineer) and Bruce Ying (Firmware Engineer), and two new associates joined ETW on September 3, 2007: Michael Fang (Project Manager, left on Sept 7, 2007) and Grifi Huang (Product Manager, officially aboard on Oct. 1, 2007)
The saga of ETW's software team 編輯
Although the focus of ETW's development was set on the hardware components, that include both electrical and mechanical portions, after February 2008, the initial growth of hiring had been in the software team (this team was formally dismissed in August 2009) between September 2007 and January 2008, because Bruce Ying, who was the acting software lead and the primary recruiter of software engineers during that period, was falsely told that the software team would be responsible for developing their own firmware on the basis of the embedded Linux system for ETW's IP cameras.
It had not been clearly stated until January 29, 2008 when Keith Chen, who was the system architect of ST-VS/ETW at that time, led three software/firmware engineers of ST-VS/ETW to visit the Bosch ST-VS department (its department name was abbreviated to STVC before year 2010) in Nuremberg, Germany, that the IP cameras developed by ETW have to run the RTOS firmware which STVC has been developing.
ST-VS/ETW's access to the Linux BSP (or Linux SDK referred to by some SoC makers like Ambarella) was further restricted by Bosch's STVC department in Nuremberg, Germany in June 2008, when Dieter Joecker, the senior product manager of Bosch's ST-VS division at that time, visited ST-VS/ETW in Taipei, Taiwan. Dieter Joecker alleged -- to both ST-VS/ETW and ST-VS's head office in Eindhoven, Netherlands, as well as the SoC maker whose video encoding chip was adopted by ST-VS for the Bosch IP video encoders to be developed from 2008 to 2010 -- that STVC is the only department in Bosch ST-VS to have direct technical contact with that SoC maker.
In spite of the difficulty in getting timely support for the Linux BSP/SDK from the SoC maker, ST-VS/ETW had striven to verify the hardware designs by using embedded Linux until March 2009. However, in the mean time the software engineers of ETW were told to shift their efforts from firmware development to software and firmware testing. Finally in August 2009, the software team was dismissed within the ETW organization.
Technical Stuff 編輯
IP Camera 編輯
IP cameras have been the primary product developed by ST-VS/ETW since August 2007.
Related Standards 編輯
這個聯盟其實是在搞 IPTV 之類的標準。但是自2008年就沒有人提它了。
- ISMA official website
- Reference〔1〕 below.
- 微軟和ISMA組織在IPTV上各個方面的比較 - H.264 is MPEG-4/AVC ( Advanced Video Coding.)
- 關於IPTV中的流傳輸技術研究與分析 - another section for ISMA.
- Steps to set up a ULA (Unique Local Address) for a network interface on a PC running Windows XP with SP2/SP3:
1. Click Start/Run and enter 'cmd' in the command box; 2. Enter below command lines: ipv6 install netsh interface ipv6 add address interface=NN address=fc00::1234:5678 unicast (NN is the name of the network interface of the PC for connection to the camera under test; the last 8 hex digits of the IPv6 may be arbitrarily chosen.)
ISO/IEC Standards 編輯
Commercial Architectures 編輯
- TI DaVinci Architecture
TI DaVinci Wiki The Davinci-linux-open-source Archives Davinci-linux-open-source mailing-list subscription page TI DM355 webcasts
keywords: VCA (Video Content Analysis) IVMD (Intelligent Video Motion Detection) RCP+ (Remote Control Protocol plus)
- ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) co-founded by Axis, Bosch and SONY
From the Axis website:
Some Video Stuff 編輯
CMOS Sensors 編輯
Digital Image 編輯
Miscellaneous Topics 編輯
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) 編輯
Digital Audio 編輯
Acoustic Echo Cancellation 編輯
- OSLEC - Open Source Line Echo Canceller
- Speex (Thread of Speex v1.1.9 in forum)
- OpenH323 - Voice over Internet Acoustic Echo Cancellation
Literature on AEC 編輯
Webinars on AEC 編輯
Some data used to be here have been moved to another Wikia page below. Eventually, most of the Linux-relevant information outstanding on this page is going to be removed out of here, because ST-VS/ETW has been discouraged from touching Linux by its European head office.
Linux Wiki 編輯
Windows client API and Software Components 編輯
ActiveX Control 編輯
Using UPnP on Windows XP 編輯
Free Patents 編輯
合法的 e-books download 編輯
- Open Book Project (There are not many books in here, though.)
- Free Computer/Internet On-line books (a bit outdated, though.)
Free Training in Webcast 編輯
More Webcasts 編輯
- MIT Communications Future Program meeting held on January 18-19, 2006 - Talking about the Future of Open Systems
Online Education 編輯
- MIT OpenCourseWare English and 簡體中文版
Places around RBTW office in Taipei 編輯
Location of RBTW office in Taipei 編輯
Where to eat 編輯
Take a nap 編輯
伊通街47號B1 Tel: 02-25161060 Mon. - Sat. Arts and e-Music (DJ shows)
Movie Theaters 編輯
hying's remarks: 長春戲院旁邊的「賣咖啡」(McCafe) 空間裝璜頗闊。
a variety of old stuff 編輯
Useful Links 編輯
- Element of Style by William Strunk, Jr. 1918 A famous book on writing in English.