Ash Comes to Breakfast is the eighteenth episode of the second season, and is also Part 1 of the Meilin Rae trilogy, as told by Ringo Starr for the US.
- Ash Ketchum as Thomas
- Mary as Percy
- Gordon Hooper as Toby
- Donkey and Diddy Kong as Donald and Douglas
- Homer Simpson as Sir Topham Hatt
- Captain Crook and Brutella as the Stationmaster and his Wife
- Toni and Mika Morgan as Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Meilin Rae as Daisy (mentioned, but not named)
Script (in US Format)
- Ringo Starr: Ash Ketchum has worked his school for many years, and knows it very well.
- Ash's Driver: You know just where to stop, Ash. You could almost manage it without you.
- Ringo Starr: Ash had become conceited. He didn't realize his driver was joking. Later, he boasted to the others.
- Ash: Driver says I don't need him now.
- Mary: Don't be so daft.
- Gordon: I never go without my driver. I'd be frightened.
- Ash: Pooh! I'm not scared.
- Gordon: You never dare.
- Ash: I would then. You'll see.
- Ringo Starr: The next day the firelighter came. Ash drowsed comfortably as the warmth spread into his body. Mary and Gordon were still asleep. Ash suddenly remembered.
- Ash: Silly stick-in-the-muds! I'll show them! Driver says I can manage without him. I'll just go out and then I'll stop and "wheesh!" That'll make them jump.
- Ringo Starr: Ash thought he was being clever and really he was only moving because a careless cleaner had medal with his controls. He soon found his mistake. He tried to "wheesh!", but he couldn't. He tried to stop, but he couldn't. He just kept rolling along. He didn't dare what it look what's coming next. There was the captain's house! The captain was about to have breakfast.
- Ash: Horrors!
- Ringo Starr: The house rocked, broken glass tinkled, plaster was everywhere. Ash had collected the bush on his travels. He peered into his room through his leaves. He couldn't speak. The captain was furious. His wife picked up her plate.
- Brutella: You miserable trainer! Just look what you've done to our breakfast! Now I'll shall have to cook some more!
- Ringo Starr: She banged the door. More plaster fell. This time it fell on Ash. Ash felt depressed. Workmen propped out the house with strong poles and laid rails through the garden. Then, the two monkeys, Donkey and Diddy Kong arrived.
- Diddy Kong: Don't worry yourself, Ash. We'll soon have you back on the rails.
- Ringo Starr: Donkey and Diddy Kong puffing hard manage to haul Thomas back to safety. Bits of fencing, the bush, and a broken window frame festooned was front, which was badly twisted. The kongs laughed and left him. Ash was in disgraced. There was worst to come.
- Homer: You're in a lot of trouble, Ash.
- Ash: I know, Sir. I'm sorry, Sir.
- Ringo Starr: Ash's voice was muffled behind his bush.
- Homer: You must go to the works and have your front mended. It will be a long job.
- Ash: Yes, Sir.
- Homer: Meanwhile, a Cardcaptor with black hair will do your work.
- Ash: A C-C-Cardcaptor, sir?
- Homer: Yes, Ash. Cardcaptors always stay in their sheds till they are wanted. Cardcaptors never gallivanting off to breakfast in Stationmasters' houses.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.