Crovan (formerly 87546) and 98462 (formerly Alfred) are two blue tender engines in The Railway Series.
According to the , 87546/Crovan and Alfred/98462 were on trial from the other railway and were sent back for being nasty and rude. It is unknown what happened to them after they were sent away, but they were presumably scrapped.
87546 and 98462 are not based on any real locomotive class. Both engines resemble Gordon, but with round buffers and a few other visual differences. 87546 appears to have either a 2-6-0 or 2-6-2 wheel arangement, whereas 98462 might be a 4-6-0 or 4-6-2.
98462, as seen in the first illustration of Edward’s Day Out, appears to have inside valve gear, but in the second illustration however, he is seen to have outside Walschaerts valve gear.
Counterparts (Villain Version)
- Crocbot and Octobot, Ball Hog and Roller, Hobson and Choy, or Rust and Bucket (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Beaver and Hoghead (Tiny Toon Adventures)
- Amok and Overdrive or Scul and Bean (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Green Plankrab and Red Plankrab (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Cleveland from South Carolina and Slave Trader Boat Captain or Jeffrey Fecalman and Mike Pulaski (Family Guy)
- Cloaker and Domino (Super Mario Bros.)
- Lard Lad and Duff Cowboy (The Simpsons)
- Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (South Park)
- Ned and Zed (Cars)
- Reptillus and Ray-Gon (Toy Story)
Counterparts (Hero Version)
- D7101/Bear and Wendell the Works Diesel (The Railway Series)
- Big Griz and Big Mike (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Stonebiter and Razorfist (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)